- This event has passed.
Law, Policy, and Public Health:
The Case of Coronavirus
February 19 @ 12:45 pm - 2:00 pm
As the coronavirus threat continues to grow, China, the United States, and the rest of the world are grappling with the global health, economic, and political stakes of the WHO-declared public health emergency. At this Latham & Watkins Forum, a diverse panel of experts assessed unfolding efforts to contain coronavirus and discuss the legal and policy issues faced by individual countries and the international community in dealing with the threat posed by epidemics and pandemics.
Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Vanderbilt Hall, Greenberg Lounge
40 Washington Square South
- Howard Zucker, Commissioner of Health for New York State; former U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of Health and former Assistant Director-General of the World Health Organization
- Shitong Qiao, Jerome A. Cohen Visiting Professor of Law, NYU School of Law (Spring 2020)
- Alexandra Phelan, Member, Center for Global Health Science and Security; Faculty Research Instructor, Department of Microbiology and Immunology; and Adjunct Professor of Law, Georgetown University
- Laurie Garrett, Former Senior Fellow for Global Health, Council on Foreign Relations; Science writer and Pulitzer Prize winner for coverage of Ebola outbreak in Zaire
- Lisa Monaco (moderator), Distinguished Senior Fellow, Reiss Center on Law and Security and Adjunct Professor of Law, NYU School of Law; former Homeland Security Advisor to President Obama